Are you serious about going green on your site? Do you have an environmental policy that you simply overlook, or put in the too hard basket?
What is Huntergreen?
- Huntergreen is a program originally developed to assist our clients understand, build, implement and manage a green cleaning program. Huntergreen program clients are generally proactive, highly involved in their purchase decisions and care for the impact their sites’ actions have on the environment.
- Hunter Industrials Huntergreen Program incorporates 4 guiding areas:
- Hunter Industrials have a wide range of products that have been engineered based on the most accurate and up to date live information and data available. The range incorporates products for many common janitorial and some hospitality areas. Please see our range page for more information.
- Rapid environmental change, and market expectations have seen an explosion in ‘greenwashing’ which has left many market stakeholders confused and frustrated. Hunter Industrials rigoursly analyse all our marketing activity to ensure we do not add to the confusion. We believe in transparency. All Huntergreen clients are provided with raw data and other documents detailing the specific ingredients of our products. Hunter Industrials is also working with global partners to further develop the Information-Based Environmental Labelling (IBEL) program that is in its Beta testing phase.
- We also understand that a part of the market seek a 3rd party ‘type 1’ label. For this reason Hunter Industrials has chosen to pursue the Dfe stamp, entering into partnership with the US EPA for certification of particular products.
- The rationale behind selecting the US EPA, is due to their worldwide benchmark in eco labelling, rigidness in product testing, and the fact that they are the only true independent 3rd party endorser of significance, amongst other things.
- EPA’s Design for the Environment (DfE) works in partnership with industry, environmental groups, and academia to reduce risk to people and the environment by finding ways to prevent pollution. For more than 15 years, through partnership projects, DfE has evaluated human health and environmental concerns associated with traditional and alternative chemicals and processes in a range of industries. This analysis has empowered hundreds of businesses to select safer chemicals and technologies. DfE focuses on industries that combine the potential for chemical risk reduction with a strong motivation to make lasting, positive changes.
- Our 3rd party certifier is NSF International, The Public Health and Safety Company™, a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, and world leader in standards development, product certification, education, and risk-management for public health and safety.
- NSF is widely recognized for its scientific and technical expertise in health and environmental sciences. Its professional staff includes engineers, chemists, toxicologists, and environmental health professionals with broad experience both in public and private organizations.
- NSF is not economically associated with the US EPA (compared to that of competing eco labelling programs) which provides us with a strong moral and ethical platform to stand on.
- While SCS (Sustainable Cleaning Solutions) & Hunter Industrials will not be able to gain mass ‘range’ coverage under the stringent (world leading) Dfe endorsement, we acknowledge that this may not be congruent with particular market segments wants and self-induced perceived needs, we are proud to be dedicated to continuing environmental product development now, tomorrow and into the future.
- Finally our Huntergreen program documentation is underpinned with the essentials of the huntersafe program.
- As qualified Cert IV trainers, Hunter Industrials provides both in-house and online training to assist customers in implementing green cleaning programs. Hunter Industrials has found that those customers who simply purchase ‘green’ products without the necessary training, to increase organisational involvement or understanding, eventually find their initiative inefficient, or even worse, ineffective.
- Ongoing third party support is another key fundamental of the huntergreen program. This support ensures effective implementation and ongoing maintenance of the program to ensure that what is envisaged is enacted and maintained.